Uses of Misoprostol
How does works
Common side effects of
Nausea, Heavy menstrual flow, Abdominal pain, Dyspepsia, Vomiting, Skin rashes, Diarrhea, Constipation, Dizziness, Painful periods., Headache, Heavy vaginal bleeding or infection of uterus, Flatulence
Expert advice on Misoprostol
- It should only be given to adults (above 18 years of age).
- If you are taking tablet for abortion, it is important to take it 36-48 hours after taking mifepristone. Rest for at least 3 hours after taking this tablet.
- Do not take tablet if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Avoid using tablet if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery after taking this drug as it may cause dizziness.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: liver, heart, kidney disease, inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes, anaemia, problems with clotting of blood, abnormal blood pressure or cholesterol or suffer from malnutrition.
- Do not smoke cigarrete while taking misoprostol.
Frequently asked questions about Misoprostol
Q. Is misoprostol safe?
Q. Is misoprostol available or sold over the counter?
Q. Is Tablet effective orally?
Q. Is tablet available and legal in India?
Q. Can I take tablet alone for abortion? Is it safe?
Q. Can I take tablet with/without food?
Q. Can I take tablet with alcohol?
Q. Does tablet affect future pregnancy or affect fertility?
Q. Does misoprostol cause weight gain?
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|