Toba DM Eye Drop 10ml is used as an injection for treating bacterial infections of the skin, heart, stomach, brain, spinal cord, lungs, and urinary tract (bladder and kidneys). It is also used in the treatment of cystic fibrosis. In the form of eye-drops, it can be used to treat eye infections. Dexamethasone is used to treat various inflammatory conditions such as allergic disorders, skin conditions, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, lupus, psoriasis, or breathing disorders. It is also used to treat certain types of cancer.
How it works
Tobramycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic produced by bacteria Streptomyces tenebrarius. It acts by blocking protein synthesis in bacterial cell, causing disruption of the cell envelope and eventual cell death. Dexamethasone belongs to a group of medicines called corticost***ds. It prevents late phase allergic reactions by preventing release of chemicals responsible for allergy.
Common side effects
Hoarseness, Mouth and tongue ulcers, Sore throat, Ringing in the ears, Producing more sputum than normal, Nausea, Nose and mouth, Loss of hearing, Breathlessness, Pain in throat or chest, Cough, Noisy breathing, Coughing up blood, Loss of appetite, Chest tightness or difficulty breathing., Dizziness, Gastric pain and fungal infection, Rash, Oral fungal infection, Increased salivation, Dryness of eyes, Liver toxicity, Headache, Weakness
Depressed and labile mood and suicidal thoughts, Menstrual irregularity, Swelling due to fluid retention, Potassium loss, Increased susceptibility toinfections, Thinning of the bones with an increased risk of fractures, Irritable, Tendon rupture, Increased need for diabetic medication, Increased hair growth, Itching and blurred vision, Euphoric, Hallucinations and aggravation of schizophrenia), High blood pressure, Psychotic reactions including mania, Stinging, Increased appetite, Discomfort, Delusions, Behavioral disturbances., Irritation, Increased cholesterol levels, Swelling and weight gain of the body and face, Allergic and hypersensitivity reactions.tablets/oral solution:hormone imbalance slow growth in children and teenagers, Burning, Side effects depend on usage and formulation of dexamethasone.eye drops:increased pressure in eye, Sodium and water retention.
- Do not use tobramycin if you are allergic to it or any other component in the formulation.
- Driving and using machinery should be avoided in cases where tobramycin usage causes dizziness or eye drops cause blurring of vision.
- Do not mix or dilute your tobramycin with any other medicine in your nebulizer.
- If you are taking several different treatments for cystic fibrosis, you should take them in the following order: bronchodilator (e.g. salbutamol), then chest physiotherapy, followed by inhaled medicines, and then tobramycin.
- Do not use contact lenses when on treatment with tobramycin eye drops.
- If you are using more than one eye drop, keep a gap of at least 5-10 minutes between two different Toba DM Eye Drop 10ml .
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: neuromuscular disorders such as parkinsonism, myasthenia gravis (characterized by movement disorders and/or muscle weakness); coughing up blood in your sputum; kidney problem.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever experienced in the past: ringing in ears, any other problems with hearing, dizziness while taking tobramycin.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is tobramycin a sulfa drug or penicillin antibiotic?
No. Tobramycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic used to treat Pseudomonas infections and other serious infections in patients (6 years and older) with cystic fibrosis.
Q. Does tobramycin treat styes, Pseudomonas, pink eye, staphylococcus and methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
Tobramycin/dexamethasone combination can be used to cure pink eye and styes, which are superficial eye and eyelid infections. Tobramycin treats Pseudomonas infections however it is not drug of choice in the treatment of staphylococcus or MRSA.
Q. Is tobramycin safe for infants?
No. Due to high propensity for kidney and internal ear damage, tobramycin shouldn’t be given to infants.
Q. Is tobramycin over the counter?
No. Tobramycin belongs to schedule H and can be obtained only on production of valid prescription.
Q. Is tobramycin the same as ofloxacin?
No. Tobramycin and Ofloxacin belong to different class of antibiotics, and are used to treat different sets of infections.
Q. Are decadron and prednisone same as dexamethasone?
No. Decadron is a brand name of dexamethasone. Prednisone, however, is entirely different drug. Both drugs however belong to a same class of medications called corticost***ds.
Q. Is dexamethasone a narcotic, sulfa drug, NSAID or controlled substance?
No. Dexamethasone is a corticost***d drug which shows anti-inflammatory action. It is not a controlled substance or sulfa drug. It can be obtained only on production of valid prescription.
Q. Does dexona cause weight gain/ cause fluid retention/ heart burn/ hungry/ keep you awake/ drowsiness?
Dexona is the brand name of dexamethasone tablet, a corticost***d. It may cause weight gain due to fluid retention properties. It should be noted that the fluid retention is a side effect of dexona and not the use. It is also known to cause heart burn and increased appetite. It does not cause drowsiness or insomnia. However, if you experience such side effects, always consult your doctor.
Q. Is dexamethasone safe?
Dexamethasone is safe if used at prescribed doses and at prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Fast and easy shipping . Will recommend to all my friends
products great! Shipping and delivery very secure.