Oflox Eye Drop Ofloxacin is used to treat bacterial infections including upper and lower urinary tract infections, lower respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections and sexually transmitted infections (of urethra and cervix).
How it works
Oflox Eye Drop Ofloxacin Ofloxacin belongs to the group of medicines called 4-fluoroquinolone antibiotics. It acts by killing the bacteria that cause infection.
Common side effects
And headache., And diarrhea., Photosensitivity., And nausea., Hallucination, Sinus tachycardia, Insomnia., And seizures., Common: dizziness, And vomiting., Pruritis
- Avoid taking milk or dairy products, or taking antacids, didanosine, sucralfate, or vitamins within 2 hours before or after taking ofloxacin.
- Do not start or continue the ofloxacin tablets if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ofloxacin or any of the other ingredients of ofloxacin tablet.
- Consult your doctor before taking the drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered before taking ofloxacin tablets in case of any following disease conditions such as fits (epilepsy), inflammation of the bands of tissue that connect muscles to bones (tendinitis), myasthenia gravis and kidney problems.
- Drink adequate fluid to prevent the formation of highly concentrated urine.
- Avoid excessive exposure to light to prevent photosensitivity.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking ofloxacin tablet because you may feel sleepy.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is Ofloxacin used for?
Ofloxacin are used to treat bacterial infections including upper and lower urinary tract infections, lower respiratory tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections and sexually transmitted infections (of urethra and cervix). Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Is ofloxacin an antibiotic?
Yes. It belongs to the group of medicines called fluoroquinolone antibiotics.
Q. Is ofloxacin penicillin based/ st***d/ fluoroquinolone/sulfa?
No. Ofloxacin is fluoroquinolone antibiotic. It is not a st***d and does not contain sulfa. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen with ofloxacin?
There is no known interaction and it is safe to take these drugs with ofloxacin. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Does Ofloxacin treat pink eye/chlamydia/ear infections?
Ofloxacin is used to treat pink eye (conjunctivitis), ear infection and infection due to chlamydia.
Q. Does ofloxacin affect birth control?
It does not affect birth control.
Q. Is ofloxacin safe in pregnancy/ during lactation?
Ofloxacin should not be given to pregnant women/breast feeding women. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Is ofloxacin safe for dogs/ cats?
Yes it is safe to be used in pets. However, the dose vary. You need to consult a veterinary doctor.
Q. Is ofloxacin the same as Ciprodex?
No. Ofloxacin and Ciprodex are different drugs as Ciprodex contain ciprofloxacin.
|Manufacturer||Cipla Pharma, India|
Great service and fast delivery. Very happy!
First class, recommend supplier