How it works
Take metronidazole for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared. Skipping doses may also increase your risk of further infection that is resistant to antibiotics. Metronidazole will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu. Do not drink alcohol while you are taking metronidazole and for at least 3 days after you stop taking it. You may have unpleasant side effects such as fast heartbeats, warmth or redness under your skin, tingly feeling, nausea, and vomiting.
Before taking this medicine
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to metronidazole, or if you are in the first trimester of pregnancy. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment
How should I take metronidazole?
Take metronidazole exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Take the extended-release metronidazole tablet (Flagyl ER) on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating a meal. Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow it whole. Breaking the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time. Take metronidazole for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared. Skipping doses may also increase your risk of further infection that is resistant to antibiotics. Metronidazole will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu. To be sure metronidazole is not causing harmful effects, your blood may need to be tested often. Your liver function may also need to be tested. Visit your doctor regularly. This medication can cause unusual results with certain medical tests. Tell any doctor who treats you that you are using metronidazole. Store metronidazole at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222. Overdose symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination, numbness and tingling, or seizures (convulsions).
What should I avoid?
Do not drink alcohol while you are taking metronidazole and for at least 3 days after you stop taking it. You may have unpleasant side effects such as fast heartbeats, warmth or redness under your skin, tingly feeling, nausea, and vomiting. Check the labels of any medicines or food products you use to make sure they do not contain alcohol. Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or bloody, stop taking metronidazole and call your doctor. Do not use anti-diarrhea medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
Common side effects
A lack or loss of appetite, Furry tongue, Soreness or irritation of the mouth or tongue.rare: black, Vomiting, Upset stomach, Unpleasant taste, Dark colored urine, And diarrhea, Dry mouth, Numbness or tingling in hands or feet
- Take these tablets without crushing during or just after a meal with water.
- Consult your doctor before using metronidazole if you have liver disease, nervous disorders or if you are undergoing kidney dialysis.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking medicines such as warfarin (and other blood-thinners), and vitamins.
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to metronidazole or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not take alcohol while taking this medicine as it may lead to headaches, upset stomach, vomiting, stomach cramps, sweating and flushing (redness of the face).
- Do not drive or operate heavy medicine after taking the medicine as it may temporarily cause dizziness and problems in vision.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and wear protective clothing, sunglasses or apply sunscreen before stepping out in the sun as this drug may increase the sensitivity to sunlight.
Frequently asked questions
|Manufacturer||J.B. Chemical, India|
Excellent service , Fast Shipping ,Friendly site and good prices!
Fast shipping. Have never had a problem with any of my orders.