Doxycycline 100 mg Online
is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, such as chest, lung or nose infections, infections of the kidneys and bladder infections of the skin such as acne, eye infection, sexually transmitted diseases (e.g. gonorrhoea, syphilis, chlamydia), It is also used to prevent malaria.
How it works
Doxycycline belongs to class of medications called tetracycline antibiotics. It stops the production of proteins in bacteria and prevents growth of bacteria.
Common side effects
Cough, Sore throat, Menstrual cramps, Blood and bone marrow problems, Stevens-johnson syndrome, Flu or flu-like symptoms, Muscle pain.allergic reactions, Sinusitis, Anaphylactic reactions, Colds, Pain, Swelling of eyes and lips, Red and itchy skin, Bronchitis, Toothache or abscesses in the area around the teeth, Back pain, Gastrointestinal problems., Gum pain.
- Take doxycycline with food or milk to prevent a stomach upset.
- If you are taking birth control pills, take additional contraceptive measure while taking doxycycline and till 7 days after stopping doxycycline.
- Wear sunblock if you have to go out into the sun, since your skin can become more sensitive to sunburn.
- Do not start or continue the doxycycline tablets/capsule and consult your doctor if you ever have had allergic reaction after taking doxycycline.
- Do not take any vitamin supplements two hours before or after taking this drug.
- Do not take any medications with bismuth (Pepto-Bismol, Kaopectate) while taking this medication.
- Do not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking this medication.
- Do not take doxycycline, if you are pregnant, breast-feeding or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questio
Doxycycline 100 mg Online
Q. Is Doxicip 100/Doxt s/doxycycline a st**d, a macrolide or a penicillin?
Doxycycline belongs to class of medications called tetracycline antibiotics. Doxycycline is not a st***d, does not belong to penicillin family and is not a macrolide antibiotic.
Q. Is doxycycline safe?
If used for approved indication in appropriate doses, doxycycline is relatively safe. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
Q. Can I take doxycycline for cold, flu, sore throat, boils, strep infection, and ear infection? Does doxycycline cover methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus?
Doxycycline is not used to treat viral infection such as common cold and flu. Doxycycline can be used to treat sore throat, boils, strep infection, ear infection and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection. Always consult your doctor before use.
Q. Can I take doxycycline with food, milk, coffee, alcohol?
Doxycycline can be taken with food, milk and coffee. However, alcohol may reduce the effect of doxycycline.
Q. Can I take doxycycline with ibuprofen, prednisone, Nyquil, azithromycin, antihistaminic or Tylenol?
Doxycycline may be taken with ibuprofen, prednisone, Nyquil, azithromycin, antihistaminic or Tylenol. However, consult your doctor before use it together, for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice.
Q. Does doxycycline work for acne scars?
Doxycycline helps in preventing the formation of new acne scars, but may not work for the scars which have already formed.
Q. Does doxycycline cause weight gain, tiredness, or headache?
Doxycycline may cause weight gain, tiredness and headache. These effects may vary with the individual taking the medicine.