Montair LC Kid is used to treat symptoms of allergic conditions such as allergic fever (hay fever), year-round allergies like dust or pet allergies and chronic nettle rash., Montelukast is used to prevent and treat asthma, seasonal and year round allergies (hay fever), and prevent exercise-induced asthma.
How it works
Montair LC Kid belongs to a group of medications called antihistamines. It acts by blocking a natural substance (histamine) that is produced in the body during an allergic reaction.Montelukast belong to a class of medicines called leukotriene receptor antagonist (anti-asthmatic drugs). It blocks the action of certain natural substances (leukotrienes) that are involved in causing asthma and allergies. It makes breathing easier by reducing swelling in the airways.
Common side effects
Common: dry mouth, Abdominal and stomach pain, And diarrhea., And vomiting, Common: drowsiness, Excessive tiredness, Gastrointesinal symptoms., And headache., Abdominal cramps, Hypersensitive reactions, Stuffy nose, Sleep walking
- Use levocetirizine with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- It is best to take the drug at bedtime as it can make you drowzy.
- Do not take levocetirizine if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to levocetirizine.
- Take special care with levocetirizine and follow the advice of your doctor: if you suffer from epilepsy or are in any risk of having fits. if you suffer from kidney failure, because you may require a lower dosage.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking drugs like antidepressants; medications for anxiety, mental illness, or seizures; ritonavir; sedatives; sleeping pills; theophylline; and tranquilizers, as it may worsen the side effects.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
- Levocetrizine can cause drowsiness. Avoid engaging in hazardous occupations requiring complete mental alertness such as driving or operating machinery when taking.
- Do not take alcohol with cetirizine, as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is levocetirizine/ LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet an over the counter?
No.Levecetirozine (also available as LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet) is not an over the counter medication. Prescription from your doctor is always required.
Q. Is levocetirizine gluten free?
Yes.levocetirizine is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.
Q. Is levocetirizine a narcotic or st**d?
Levocetirizine belongs to a class of medications called antihistamines. It is not a narcotic or st**d.
Q. Is levocetirizine safe in pregnancy and during breastfeeding?
Levocetirizine is not safe during pregnancy or lactation. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q. Is levocetirizine a decongestant?
Levocetrizine is used to relieve runny nose; sneezing; and redness, itching, and tearing of the eyes caused by hay fever, seasonal allergies, and allergies due to other substances.
Q. What are the uses of montelukast/ Montek Lc/ Romilast?
Montelukast (also available as Montek Lc/ Romilast) is used to prevent and treat asthma, seasonal allergies (hay fever), and prevent exercise-induced asthma.
Q. Is montelukast st**d/antibiotic?
No. Monteleukast is an leukotriene receptor antagonist which is used as an anti-asthmatic drugs.
Q. Is montelukast harmful?
Montelukast is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is montelukast gluten free?
Montelukast is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.