Betamethasone is used to treat allergic disorders, skin conditions, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, lupus, psoriasis, and bronchial asthma Topical preparations of betamethasone are used to treat skin problems like eczema (a type of itchy skin rash), atopic dermatitis (inflammation of skin) and psoriasis of the scalp, hands and feet.
How it works
Betamethasone belongs to a group of medicines called corticost***ds which have anti-inflammatory and immune system suppressing activity. It prevents late phase allergic reactions by decreasing the chemicals responsible for the allergy.
Common side effects
menstrual irregularity, For cream formulation:Common: Pruritus, swelling due to fluid retention, psychotic reactions, bone fractures, allergy, irritable, Cushing’s syndrome, tendon rupture, Allergic reactions, euphoric, slow growth in children and teenagers, salt and water retention, muscle pain, Increased susceptibility to infections, Osteoporosis, high blood pressure, increased appetite, impaired carbohydrate tolerance with increased requirement for antidiabetic therapy, local skin burning /skin pain Very rare: Opportunistic infections, depressed and suicidal thoughts, behavioral disturbances., bone degradation, swelling and weight gain of the body and face, abnormal amount of hair growth over body.For soluble tablet :Hormonal imbalances, weight gain, generalized rash
- Take betamethasone tablet by mouth with food or milk to prevent stomach upset.
- Do not take betamethasone tablets If you are allergic to betamethasone or any of the other ingredients of the tablet.
- Do not take betamethasone tablets If you have an infection and have not yet started taking medicine (e.g. antibiotics) to treat it.
- Do not use betamethasone cream if you are allergic to betamethasone or any of the other ingredients in this medicine.
- Do not use the cream on your face repetitively for more than 5 days.
- Do not use a large amount of cream continuously on large areas of the body since it can affect your hormones.
- Excessive usage of cream in children might affect their growth and development.
- Don’t apply the cream near your eyes.
- Don’t swallow the cream, it is not meant for internal use.
- Don’t use the cream under plaster or bandage.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is betamethasone cream available as over the counter (OTC) product?
Betamethasone cream is not available as OTC product.
Q. Is betnesol or betnesol injection safe?
Betnesol or betnesol injection is safe if used at prescribed doses and at prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Does betamethasone cause hair loss or weight gain?
Betamethasone is not known to cause hair loss. On the contrary, it may cause weight gain and body hair growth (especially in females) on chronic persistent use of the product.
Q. Does betamethasone lighten skin/ bleach skin?
Betamethasone may cause skin pigmentation in few patients. It may lighten or darken the skin color. Do not use betamethasone without doctor’s advice.Betamil Cream
Q. Is betamethasone valerate used for acne/ ringworm?
No. Betamethasone valerate can be used in conditions like eczema (a type of itchy skin rash), atopic dermatitis (inflammation of skin) and psoriasis of the scalp, hands and feet.
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with betamethasone?
Betamethasone when used in combination with non-st**dal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen, diclofenac, naproxen, there may be an increased risk of stomach ulceration and bleeding. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. Does betnesol work in retention edema?
No. Betnesol (i.e. betamethasone) cannot be used in retention edema. On the contrary, it causes the fluid and salt retention thereby adding to the edema problem. Betamil Cream
Betamethasone and hydrocortisone belong to the same class of medications (i.e. corticos**ds) and produce almost similar pharmacological responses. The effect may vary based on the conditions and individual response. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use.
fast delivery. easy pay
Supper seller. Fast delivery.
always had great service with these guys.