The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Safe Abort Kit. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Heavy bleeding
- Infection following abortion
- Uterine contractions or cramping in the hours following intake
- Skin rashes
- Hot flashes
- Mild to moderate gastrointestinal cramping
- Serious skin reactions
- Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Back pain
- Flu symptoms
- Increased clear or white vaginal discharge
- Itching of the vagina or genital area
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Pain or tenderness around eyes and cheekbones
- Pale skin
- Shortness of breath
- The tightness of the chest or wheezing
- Inflammation of a nasal sinus
- Uterine hemorrhage
- Heavy menstrual flow
- Abdominal pain
- Painful periods
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
- Infection of uterus
- Accumulation of gas in the alimentary canal
- Safe Abort Kit may also cause side effects not listed here.
Before using Safe Abort Kit, be sure about your current list of medications, over-the-counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as suggested on prescription.
1.Do not smoke a cigarette while taking misoprostol
2.Do not drive or on heavy exercise
3.Women with cardiovascular, hepatic, and renal diseases
Interactions with Safe Abort Kit
If you use other drugs or over-the-counter products at the same time, the effects of Safe Abort Kit may change. This may increase your risk for side effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Be sure about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using to prevent or manage drug interactions. Safe Abort Kit may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Dinoprostone topical
When not to use Safe Abort Kit
Hypersensitivity to Safe Abort Kit is a contraindication. In addition, it should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Chronic adrenal failure
- Elderly and renal impairment
- Hemorrhagic disorder
- Inherited porphyrias
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Suspected ectopic pregnancy
Composition and Active Ingredients
Safe Abort Kit is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Mifepristone – 200mg
- Misoprostol – 200mcg
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Other important Information on Safe Abort Kit
Missing a dose
In case you miss a dose, use it as soon as you notice. If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule. Do not use an extra dose to make up for a missed dose. If you are regularly missing doses, consider setting an alarm or asking a family member to remind you.
Overdosage of Safe Abort Kit
- Do not use more than the prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else may have overdosed on it, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with necessary information.
- Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
- Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Safe Abort Kit
- Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard this.