The abortion pill pack is one of the best pill packs used by women to terminate an early or unwanted pregnancy. In this pack, there are a total of 5 abortion pills which are necessary to consume while proceeding for medical abortion.
The results of this pack are effective when women consume all the pills available in the pack. All the medicines that are included in this pack are certified by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The abortion pill pack is composed of 5 different medicines viz. one pill of Mifepristone (200mg), one pill of misoprostol (200mg). Women may experience several side-effects during the procedure of medical abortion; hence to provide some relief from the pain, there are 3 more additional medicines which are taken to treat the side-effects which include one pill of Flexon-MR (250 mg), one pill of Ondansetron and Zofran (4mg).
Before starting with the medical abortion, women should assure their trimester stage as women who choose the abortion pill pack should be pregnant for about 10 weeks (70 days) or less. Using the abortion pill pack is more convenient as it contains all the medicine which is required for termination. The abortion pill pack is also known by APP.
A maximum number of women in the USA choose medical abortion due to privacy reasons. It takes less than 63 days to complete the process, unlike surgical abortion. The abortion pill pack gives the highest benefits by keeping all the side-effects under control.
What are the chemical formulas and weight of all the individual pill in the pill pack for medical abortion
· The empirical Mifepristone formula specified is C29H35NO2 and the molecular weight of this abortion pill is 429.6g.
· The Chemical formula for misoprostol is C22H3805 and the molecular weight of the medicine is 382.5g
· The Chemical formula for Zofran is C18H19N3.HCL.2H2O and the molecular weight of the medicine are 365.9g also the ondansetron hydrochloride is a white-off powder that gets diluted in the water.
· The empirical formula for Ondansetron is C18H19N3O and the molecular weight of the medicine is 293.4g
· In Flexon-MR the active ingredient re chlorzoxazone 250mg, ibuprofen 400mg and paracetamol 325mg.
What is the mechanical process of an individual pill in the abortion pill pack?
The abortion pill pack contains 5 different types of medicine: Mifepristone, Misoprostol, Flexon-MR, Zofran, and Ondansetron and all the medicines have a different mechanism. The Mifepristone and Misoprostol are two main pills that help to complete the abortion process and Flexon-MR, Zofran, and Ondansetron are the medicines used to get control of the side-effects that you experience during a medical abortion.
· Mifepristone: The process of termination begins with the initial abortion pill called Mifepristone. It is an anti-progesterone pill that is used to blocks the women’s hormone called the progesterone (hormone need to continue pregnancy) and prevents the supply of essential nutrients and oxygen to the embryo and it detaches from the fetus and makes it complicated for the embryo to stay alive.
· Misoprostol: It is the second pill that completes the process of termination. Misoprostol is the synthetic prostaglandin that imitates the hormone that creates the contraction in the fetus and then the cervix dilates and widens the whole endometrial tissue is flushed out through the vaginal discharge (a form of bleeding).
· Flexon-MR: It is an anti-inflammatory pill that controls excess bleeding and extreme pain during the abortion process. Some women may experience excessive blood loss during the process and this causes weakness in the body, Flexon-MR controls excessive bleeding and stops the flow of blood.
· Ondansetron or Zofran: Both the medicines are anti-emetic pill that works against the side-effects like vomiting and nausea that you experience during the abortion process. So these side-effects are usually occurred after consuming second abortion pill misoprostol.
What is the consumption procedure for the Abortion pill pack?
Before consuming the abortion pill make sure that you are pregnant for less than 10 weeks as women who are pregnant up to 10 weeks can only use the abortion pill pack. Women should consume abortion pills as directed by the doctor or follow the direction as mentioned on the label.
· First, you should consume the initial pill mifepristone which should be taken orally with a glass of water to begin the process of termination.
· The second pill misoprostol can be consumed orally or vaginally after 24-48 hours which completes the remaining process of the termination.
Consuming orally: Place the 4 four pills under the tongue and tooth area or in the cheeks pouches for 30 minutes so it gets dissolves in your mouth. Do not eat/chew/swallow the pill during the process.
Consuming vaginally: before consuming the pill wash and dry your hands completely. Then push the 4 four individually inside the vagina and lie down for 30 minutes so it starts the process and while this process you may experience the side-effects so for controlling those effects you should consume the pills as it is directed by the doctor.
What kind of side-effects are experienced during the process?
The common and experienced side-effects experienced during this process are headache, weakness, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, abdominal cramps, fever, increasing heartbeat rate, vomiting, heavy vaginal bleeding, loss of appetite, and muscle pain of medical abortion.
Which medicines do have interaction with the abortion pill?
While consuming the abortion pill, women should be aware that she cannot consume any other medicine during the process as there are certain medications
that can interact with abortion pills and cause some high risks or can give hilarious side effects that can affect your further pregnancy.
· There are few medicines that you should not take with any of the following medications, they include Cerivastain, Cisapride, Dofetilide, pimozide, steroid medicines like cortisone or prednisone and medicine that treat or prevent blood clots like warfarin or enoxaparin.
· Certain pills may interact with abortion pills such as juice of grapes, Erythromycin, Medicine for fungal infection like Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, Rifampin, a medicine used for seizures like carbamazepine, phenobarbital and phenytoin, and the anesthesia.
The above-mentioned information may not specify all the possible interactions. So when you visit your healthcare advisor may sure you give the record of all the medicines, non-prescribed pills, herbs, or the dietary supplements used. Even females who smoke cigarettes, consume alcohol or illegal drugs possibly can interact with the abortion tablet so avoid drinking and smoking during the termination process.
What should be taken care of before/while utilizing the medicines?
· Before beginning your process with the abortion pill and end the termination process assure your pregnancy trimester stage, you should be mentally prepared as well as physically prepared to bear the pain, and the most important thing to know is that this abortion pill does not work in the ectopic pregnancy.
· You should have an abortion in privacy or at home only if your age is 18 or above 18 and below 35 years. If you do not fall under this age group then you should not take the risk of conducting the abortion process at home or else have a concern with the professional who can guide you with the appropriate step and safety during the abortion.
· If you have other problems like a cardiovascular problem or intense anemia, liver or heart disease, and intrauterine disorder then you should avoid doing this procedure or may follow the proper method of termination as it is prescribed by the doctor.
· Initially, for safety, you should visit your doctor and in case you get any unusual effects then consult your doctor.
· After taking the medicine you may get normal vaginal bleeding but heavy bleeding is a sign that something is wrong. In case your sanitary napkins get soaked each hour for 2 hours then immediately take medical help from your doctor.
· While the procedure makes stay connected with your health care provider for safety purposes.
· In case, you have a fever, serious problems, or any infection you need immediate help.
What if the abortion pills do not work?
The frequency of getting an unsuccessful result after completing the process is very hardly 2% of women may turn up for the doctor’s help. So in cases like this, doctors guide you for a surgical procedure of abortion which is also a secure and approved form of eradicating an early or unwanted pregnancy.
Women should always make an appointment once before proceeding for terminating an early pregnancy to confirm the trimester stage and to know the guidelines for the procedure. Once you are done with the complete abortion process, you are supposed to take an appointment after 2 weeks with your Gynaecologist to know your result for termination. Women should take care of themselves before and after the abortion process.